Welcome to A Crafter's Corner! I love to create crafty projects, and would love to share some of my creations with you! If you are interested in scrapbooking, stamping, or cross stitch, these are the venues I use most often. Enjoy your visit!

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Saying Goodbye


In my opinion, my boys have been fortunate. They have grown up in the country, with a creek to catch crawfish in, and a pond to fish in. And they always had a big dog, or two, by their side. When we moved to our current house, we had a black lab that quickly adapted from a fenced in city yard, to having acreage to play on. Then the neighbor had puppies. I went to see them, and brought one home, a Great Pyrenees that we named Buddy. At the time, I didn't know how big he'd get, I just knew he was a little fluffy white ball of fur that I fell in love with.


For almost thirteen years, Buddy fished with the boys, swam in the pool with them, and just kept his eyes on them. The past couple of years he has really slowed down. We were afraid that one day soon, we'd have to have him put to sleep. As if he was still looking out for us, he died on his own. We were by his side, and his tail wagged until the last minute. As hard as it was for a few days, I know he won't be suffering from skin allergies again this summer, and finally, I can smile for him.

13 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear of Buddy's passing. I know he was blessed to be a part of your family!
    ~hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry for your loss of Buddy. Our pets are such a part of our family. I'll b thinkin gof you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how you will miss your dear Buddy!! There is always a huge hole in our hearts when our sweet pets leave us. Thinking of you, Cindy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Cindy, I am so sorry. They do become part of the family and hurts just as bad when they pass on. Hugs for you and the boys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our pets are our companions in good times and bad times theirs is an unconditional love
    I can understand what you and the boys are going through
    hugs
    maria

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww Cindy. I am so sorry. I have tears in my eyes right now for you. I am a big softie for pets. Dogs are such a gift from God. Take care.♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry for your loss. On the bright side - you had a wonderful 13 years with Buddy. Now he is playing on the other side of the rainbow...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry for your loss Cindy. We have a 13 year old black Lab mix who I know we will be saying goodbye to one of these days and I hate the thought. We love them so much don't we?

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's always hard saying good-bye even though I believe my beloved companion animals are waiting for me in heaven. Carly, my old sheep, is nearing her end; she's about 17 or 18 and so tottery but still loves her treats and nose kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Cindy, I am sorry about Buddy. Your post made me think of what my grandson said about Annabelle. She is getting old and has health issues which they were talking about putting her to sleep. He told them it would be find and instead of another dog to replace her. He wants a white fluffy bunny with a brown eye. He is a very little adult. All animals do become part of our family that is for sure. Hugs and Prayers from Your Missouri Friend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is so sad to hear of your losing Buddy. Our pets, though we don't currently have any, have always been part of our family. Their love truly is unconditional and steadfast. Buddy reminds me of the dogs my siblings and I had growing up. They followed us and we followed them whenever and where ever one or the other went. The last of those wonderful dogs was struck by a car. My brother and I witnessed the accident and we were inconsolable. I was about 4 or 5 at the time, but have never forgotten it. The poor man that hit her felt awful, though it was an unavoidable incident. No matter how you lose them, it is still so very sad.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sorry you lost a beloved pet

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your sweet Buddy. Sending lots of hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete