Welcome to A Crafter's Corner! I love to create crafty projects, and would love to share some of my creations with you! If you are interested in scrapbooking, stamping, or cross stitch, these are the venues I use most often. Enjoy your visit!

Monday, January 21, 2013

Simple Woman's Daybook

This morning seemed like a good time to get my thoughts out there. If you want to learn more about the Simple Woman's Daybook posts, you can read about it here: http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/


For today

Outside my window I see the fitness center, where 25 ambitious young men are warming up their muscles, preparing to ride. Just beyond that is the motocross track, still right now, but in an hour, will be filled with these boys on bikes, their mechanics, trainers and parents that are here.

I am thinking that it looks like it's going to be so nice outside today. How can the weather turn so cold so quicly, it will be in the twenties here tonight.

In the kitchen, at least the bathroom counter top that is the make-shift kitchen, I have put some food in the slow cooker I brought from home. Although I won't be here for dinner, I know that my son will eat good tonight!

I am wearing comfy traveling clothes for the ride back to Indiana. I tried to put on layers, hubby likes to have the window open so he can smoke, but I am always cold.

I am wondering if I can make it through today without crying. I am letting my youngest son experience life on his own. I'm just not ready for this yet!

I am reading schoolbooks as I travel today. When I get home tomorrow, I will go back and check out all of the blogs that signed up for the Grow Your Blog party, since I didn't get to do that this weekend. The link to these can be found here:http://vicki-2bagsfull.blogspot.com/

I am looking forward to sleeping in my own bed, with my own pillow.

Around the house are probably a lot of dust bunnies waiting to be caught. My hubby doesn't usually do much cleaning, and I've been gone for two weeks. With three dogs in the house, I'm sure the hardwood floors need some attention!

One of my favorite things is being with family. My hubby, son and I spent yesterday acting like tourists here at South of The Border. We walked through shops, took pictures sitting on statues, the whole nine yards. And I loved every minute of it.

A favorite quote for today: When Life Gives You Lemons, Make Lemonade

3 comments:

  1. Oh Cindy! You are wondering? I am almost crying for you and him. How does your son feel about it all? I am praying for him.♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was hard for both of us when I left. Thankfully, he has a good routine, and he is definitely busy. Sadly, he has come down with a cold. I'm sure it's 'cause momma's not there fixing him good healthy food!

      Delete