Welcome to A Crafter's Corner! I love to create crafty projects, and would love to share some of my creations with you! If you are interested in scrapbooking, stamping, or cross stitch, these are the venues I use most often. Enjoy your visit!

Monday, November 26, 2012

Our Thanksgiving

We have finally made it home from our travels. We arrived home yesterday morning, about 3am. And today, I am truly, truly, thankful for my own bed! That sounds like such a selfish thing, but after 10 days in hotels, my body is feeling very old and worn out, it's good to be home. I was so happy to be home, doing my own thing. My guys cleaned all the suitcases out of the vehicle before I was even out of bed yesterday. I didn't even touch laundry or any cleaning, I went straight to work putting up our Christmas tree! I had taken all of the fall decor down and packed it away before leaving, and the house looked so empty. I rearranged my living room, and have most of the decorations up. Hope to finish them tonight, and get pictures posted this week.
I didn't get very many pictures of our Thanksgiving this year. This is the second year in a row that we have spent the holiday at Gatorback Cycle Park in Florida. I am blessed that I was able to be there with my husband and son again this year. It's a strange feeling, to not be cooking the feast for our families, but it was relaxing. Again this year, after a day of watching this:


(that's my little boy on the blue bike) it felt good to let somebody else do the work of cooking and serving. We were able to get in the chow line early, and had our turkey sitting at a picnic table. Unfortunately, it was too dark to get any pictures. I'm not sure where we'll be next Thanksgiving, but maybe I'll get more pictures then!
I've got a lot of catching up to do here on the homefront. We managed to get through yesterday without my running to the grocery store, but it's on my list of "gotta do" things for today. That, and picking up the mail that was held at the post office, and sorting through all the bills. It's a good thing yesterday was a relaxing sort of day, today's going to be busy! Thanks for stopping by, have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment