Welcome to A Crafter's Corner! I love to create crafty projects, and would love to share some of my creations with you! If you are interested in scrapbooking, stamping, or cross stitch, these are the venues I use most often. Enjoy your visit!

Monday, May 21, 2018

Playing with Paper

I used to show a lot of paper crafts on my blog, and I have enjoyed my stitching so much lately, I haven't shared anything else. I have been doing something other than cross stitch though!  Although it has been a week, I am excited to show the card I made my mom for Mother's Day this year.


This is a card in a box. I have admired so many of these on Pinterest over the years. I made one last year for my father in law's 80th birthday, I just never shared it.  I made a card like this for my mother in law this year also, and I forgot to take any pictures before she took it home with her.  For my mom's card, I used a handful of die cut pieces that have been sitting in my stash a long time, I don't even know where they came from.  The cardstock and printed paper are from Close To My Heart, from an old collection called Heart of Winter.


The purple in the flowers really pop against this beige! The card I made for my mother in law had pink flowers, her favorite color.  Both moms have always loved to work in their flower beds, this was so appropriate.

I am happy I could send my mom some flowers this year that would not die and be thrown away within a few days.

I used a lot of dimensional adhesive between the flowers and leaves, to ensure the bouquet had the depth I wanted.

My mom was as thrilled receiving this, as I was when I sent it.  Have you ever tried one of these cards? It was very quick and easy to make, I expect I will make more in the future. Maybe a fishing one for Father's Day!

Thanks for stopping by, have a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment