Welcome to A Crafter's Corner! I love to create crafty projects, and would love to share some of my creations with you! If you are interested in scrapbooking, stamping, or cross stitch, these are the venues I use most often. Enjoy your visit!

Tuesday, May 1, 2018

A New Month Begins!

I can't believe it is May first already! When I was growing up, and would occasionally complain because the days just seemed to drag by, my mom would tell me, just wait.  She told me that when I was older, the days would just flash by before I knew it. Well, mom was right. I think before we know it, we'll be looking at the December calendar!

It it such a beautiful day today, it feels like summer here. We waited long enough for these nice days, and I have been enjoying today.  Last week, I bought a new cushion for the glider that sits on our back porch. A nice thick cushion, to pad my still tender hip.  I have been very good to do my physical therapy exercises every day, and some days I ache. But today, it felt good to sit out in the sun. While I was sitting, our doggie was busy digging for moles, so she was well occupied. She didn't catch any today, but we got a nice big one last week. It was caught in a trap, she sure wanted to play with it!



I couldn't just sit and watch the grass grow outside, I had some stitching with me. I know today is the first day of stitchmaynia. I did not make any concrete plans for a lot of new starts. I will just go with the flow, stitch whatever calls out to me, old or new. Today, was a new start.  I spent almost two hours at the dealership this morning getting the oil changed in one of our vehicles, so that really gave me plenty of time on this.



This is an older chart, A Spot of Coffee, by Little House Needleworks, dated 2004.  I think I have had it a few years already. I don't think this will take very long to complete. It is being done on 28 ct Mushroom Lugana with all DMC as called for.

See the shadows on my deck? I was sitting under the pergola on our back porch, with my back to the house.  This summer we are moving the pergola out to the back yard, because I have asked for the back porch to be covered. I don't want another full room, just a roof so we can sit out there any time of day. By noon, the sun is cooking down, and it's too hot to sit there. We'll see if this fits into my hubby's summer plans!

I think I'm going to take a walk down to the mailbox before I head out to my Weight Watchers meeting. I hope the sun is shining in your part of the world today, thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment