Welcome to A Crafter's Corner! I love to create crafty projects, and would love to share some of my creations with you! If you are interested in scrapbooking, stamping, or cross stitch, these are the venues I use most often. Enjoy your visit!

Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Not Very Balanced Today


From this Side of the Pond






We are back from our Florida vacation, and I can't wait to share the good times, and some bad that happened on the trip. That is for another day though. Today, some hodgepodge questions!



1. Where do you go when you need some inspiration?  I love to be outside, weather depending, so that is probably my preferred place for inspiration.  I don't tolerate high heat or humidity very well, but I think I do pretty well here in Indiana.  I have ten beautiful acres with trees, a creek and a pond. With my dogs, I can walk around, or sit quietly on the porch swing and listen to the birds. I will go out in the sun, a light rain or the snow. I would be perfectly content listening to the waves hitting the beach, but I don't have that here!

2. What's under your bed?  It's embarrassing to say, there is a lot there!  A few years ago, hubby and I hiked up Pikes Peak in Colorado.  We bought very nice backpacks, thinking we would continue hiking. They are stored under the bed, and haven't been touched in a very long time.  Under the bed I also store plastic containers that have rolls of Christmas wrapping paper in them. Since the boys never came upstairs to our room, it was the best way to keep our kids from seeing the paper until Christmas. The boys are grown now, but I have just never changed this routine.  I also store extra table leaves under the bed. Keeps them safe and out of the way.

3. Thursday, February 22nd is National Chili Day, National Margarita Day, and National Cook a Sweet Potato Day. Of the three which would you most like to celebrate? Is that likely?  Looks like I need to go shopping! I love chili, but it doesn't sit well with hubby, and just he and I at home now, I can't do that.  I love sweet potatoes, but out of the three choices, I can guarantee we will do Margaritas!  I have been a little indulgent in some alcohol since our vacation last week-it has been helping me sleep at night, when an injury I incurred otherwise keeps me awake.

4. What are you 'snowed under' with right now?  Unfortunately, not snow!  This has been the craziest winter in Indiana this year! Yesterday it was in the mid 70's, and today the 40's. I miss the snow. But, to answer this question, I am 'snowed under' with schoolwork.  I am so close to finishing my BSN. I need to be out in my community, acquiring 35 hours of face to face interviews so I can finish a paper. Being on crutches right now, I am struggling to move much, and it causing a little stress. 

5. Tell us three to five things that make you feel balanced?  Carving out time for my hobbies is something I haven't been able to do in years.  I now allow myself to stitch in the evenings. It relaxes me.  Getting some exercise is very balancing for me.  I returned to running last summer, and it feels amazing.  This is week two with no running, and I am feeling very sluggish.  I am not allowed to put any weight on my right leg, so I need to find new exercises I can do for now.  With crutches, not running at all, I am feeling sooooo unbalanced right now!  Getting outside, camping or hiking with my hubby works wonders for me, and us.  Sometimes, hubby's days are long, and he just wants to sit and relax when he gets home. It is easy to feel ignored, and very frustrated being home so much.  When we go hiking or camping, we give undivided attention.

6. Insert your own random thought here.  Two years ago, hubby and I took a trip to Florida, to see our son graduate from his military training.  It was beautiful down there, and we really considered becoming snow birds, staying there all winter.  We just returned from a vacation in Florida, and have immediately noticed a difference in the way we felt down there, and how we feel at home.  I am thinking next winter, we might just spend a little more time in the south, and gradually, we might just make that transition to snowbirds every winter!  



If you would like to play along with Wednesday's Hodgepodge questions, go visit Joyce, her blog is From This Side of the Pond.   Even if you don't want to play, it's fun to see how others answer.  Thanks for stopping by today, have a wonderful day!

Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment