Welcome to A Crafter's Corner! I love to create crafty projects, and would love to share some of my creations with you! If you are interested in scrapbooking, stamping, or cross stitch, these are the venues I use most often. Enjoy your visit!

Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Wednesday Hodgepodge

It's Wednesday, time to share a little Hodgepodge about me.  I am actually on time this week!  I am linking up with Joyce, at From This Side of the Pond.

1. January 24th is National Compliment Day. Is it easy or not so easy for you to accept a compliment? Share a recent compliment you've given or received.

  I love to give others a little boost by complementing them.  For me, accepting a compliment is not as easy as giving though.  I recently received a compliment from one of the postal workers in our little local post office.  More than once he told me that I looked really nice that day.  Since I was dressed for an important appointment that day, I took his words as a hint that I should stop going out in public in my sweats and no makeup!

2. Ten little things you are loving right now.

  I am loving my husband leaving early in the morning, and I get a few quite minutes to stitch.
  I am loving heating the house with the outdoor wood boiler.  I can turn up the heat without thinking about the cost of gas!
  I have been scrapbooking again this week, and I love playing with paper
  Hot tea.  I am having a heart scan done today, so no caffeine, no coffee. Love my peppermint tea.
  Watching snow fall.  I don't have to be outside, so I get to enjoy from my warm house.
  Our Jack Russel puppy likes to snuggle in my lap with my blanket
  Cold weather! As crazy as that sounds, I like to run when it's only 32 outside, I don't overheat.
  I am loving running. I started a half marathon training program, a big undertaking.
  Leggings-I never owned any until just recently, and I am hooked. I won't wear them outside the house though.
  I am loving the woman's devotional book that I read every morning.
3. Would people describe you as a positive person? Do you see yourself that way?

Positive people find something to look forward to every day, they celebrate the small stuff, they're kind, they stay busy, accept responsibility for their actions, forgive themselves, know when to move on, and resist comparisons

Which action on the list would you say you do regularly? Which action could you add to your life to give you a more positive outlook? If you're a positive person, what's something you do regularly that's not on the list?

  
Yes, I think so, and yes I do.  From the above list, I think I find something to look forward to every day.  Usually, it's something simple, like knowing it is my running day compared to a rest day.  Something that I do regularly that isn't on the list above is think of something to be thankful for.  I have a family member recently diagnosed with cancer, I am thankful I have knowledge to share, I can answer some of her questions when they strike at weird hours when she can't pick up a phone and call her doctor.

4. Homemade chicken soup, beef stew, or a bowl of chili...what's your pleasure on a cold winter's day?
 Chili all the way! I just bought the fixings, preparing to make a big pot this weekend.  My husband has a sensitive stomach, but he will be out of town all weekend, I am going to pig out!

5. The best part of my day is....

  First thing in the morning after everyone leaves.  My youngest is living here temporarily, but he works an hour away, so he heads out early.  I grab a big cup of coffee, throw my blanket over my lap in the recliner with the puppy, and I stitch while i listen to youtube videos.  I used to stitch first thing in the morning when the boys were little, before they had to get up for school. It is so relaxing, and I get a lot done.

6.  Insert your own random thought here.

  One of the few shows that hubby and I like to watch is Blue Bloods.  We aren't dedicated to anything on TV, but if this is on as we are flipping through, it's our choice. We always like the scenes of the family gathered around the dinner table, chatting about events.  It's not just the fact that it's family, it's several generations of family.  And they have been together enough that they know each other.  When our boys were growing up, we always ate dinner together as a family.  Now everybody feels so spread out, and other than the holiday meals, we don't see each other.  I am trying to bring us together again.  I have made an effort, at least once a week, have my local sons, and family, as well as my in-laws over for a meal.  It can be a lot of work to cook and clean for that many people every week, but I am hoping our grand daughter will know her uncles and great grand parents a little better than if we didn't try.  Tomorrow is our big meal this week.  Maybe I'll get a head start, and make the dessert today!

Thanks for stopping by, have a great day!

8 comments:

  1. Not sure I've visited here before, but welcome to the Hodgepodge! I relate well to your sentiments about family dinners and it's something I miss too. I do lots of cooking when everyone is here all together because family round the table is one of my favorite things in the world. Hope your heart scan goes well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joyce. We had such a good evening with the kiddos. Looks like I have a fairly healthy heart!

      Delete
  2. I love that you have your family for a meal once a week, that's such a great practice to get into. I'm sure your family will always cherish these dinners as well as appreciate your efforts. Yes, good luck with your heart scan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I watch Blue Bloods too. One of my faves. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a fellow Hodgepodger visiting those sites that are listed adjacent to mine on Joyce's site. I'm a big fan of Blue Bloods too. My wife and I watch a few shows together on-demand because they air too late for her.
    I enjoyed reading your Hodgepodge answers. Have great week.

    ReplyDelete