Welcome to A Crafter's Corner! I love to create crafty projects, and would love to share some of my creations with you! If you are interested in scrapbooking, stamping, or cross stitch, these are the venues I use most often. Enjoy your visit!

Thursday, September 14, 2017

Stitching Update

It has been such a long time since I have written a decent blog post, I'm not too sure I can pull this all together! I know that when I look at blogger, to get to my reading list, I see that things have been updated. Like so many other things, I am going to just wing it here, and hope for the best!

It has been over three months now since I have been unemployed. I have to admit, it was exciting at first, then it was really really hard. Once I developed a routine, things got easier. I have eased back into running, and I am so proud of the progress I have made with that. I had to start out slowly, because walking up the 13 stairs from my laundry room caused me to be out of breath. After months of diligence, I can happily say that I can now run at least one full mile without walking! My goal is to be able to run a full 5k, so I will stick with it.

Now for the fun stuff, I have been able to stitch so much since I haven't been working! I really should be doing other things, but I have missed my hobbies so much.  I have had a couple of pieces that I have really focused on, and one that has the most progress so far is a kit by Design Works


I started this piece this year, and until this month, I worked on it only on the weekends. I was so excited to see the progress, so I have been stitching this, instead of doing my schoolwork. Since this picture, I have outlined more of the letters, and started adding in the sunburst below.  Knowing that I usually stop working on a piece when I reach the backstitching, I have completed that as I go. It has really made a difference. I expect I will finish this piece this year. I allow myself to turn on a floss tube video, and binge watch while I stitch and have my coffee in the mornings. It has been so enjoyable. I have to be careful, that floss tube is addicting! Speaking of addicting, I cleaned up my stash of magazines yesterday, yikes!!!! I didn't know I had collected so many magazines. I think I want to get rid of some, and then I realize that my tastes have changed so much since I bought that first issue in the late '80's, so maybe I should hold them and see if tastes change again. I know I will never ever stitch everything I own. I have made some big purchases this summer from 123 stitch and from House of Stitches, so I need to get a little control of myself.

I am leaving this weekend for a road trip. I am driving to Texas to visit my mom. She spends a lot of time watching TV at night, and I usually get a lot of stitching done when I am at her house. I hope to post an update of this piece by the end of the month!

Thanks for stopping by
Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment