Welcome to A Crafter's Corner! I love to create crafty projects, and would love to share some of my creations with you! If you are interested in scrapbooking, stamping, or cross stitch, these are the venues I use most often. Enjoy your visit!

Saturday, September 23, 2017

My Texas Trip

So, I made the drive to see my mom. Fourteen and a half hours, stopping only when I needed gas.  This is the way I used to make the trips to see mom, I'm a little bit older now, and that was just hard on this old gal!  But I'm so glad I made the time. My mom has been a widow fifteen years already, and I see that she is starting to show the trials of those years. Mom is slowing down. And mom is sick, again.  I knew before I came down that she had a "cold" she said.  After listening to her cough for a week, and seeing her coughing up blood, I made her see the doctor. Bronchitis, not the first time this year. This is wearing her out, and she has done a lot of napping since I've been here this week. Not only the infection, but she also broke her foot a few weeks ago. Hobbling around with a walking boot on one foot has thrown her body out of alignment, so her hip hurts too. Oy, getting old isn't for weanies.
On a good note, I have had some extra stitching time while mom has been napping.  On the 22nd, I took a picture of my current project to see the progress. Unfortunately, there is absolutely no wi-fi at mom's. I have been trying to use my cell phone as a hot spot, and that is barely working for me, so unfortunately, I am not able to post my picture. I may end up taking my computer to town, and trying to pick up a signal to submit a school assignment. Maybe I can get my picture posted then as well.

That's all for now folks, thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment