Welcome to A Crafter's Corner! I love to create crafty projects, and would love to share some of my creations with you! If you are interested in scrapbooking, stamping, or cross stitch, these are the venues I use most often. Enjoy your visit!

Tuesday, December 5, 2017

December Challenge

Welcome to December, already! Where have the past eleven months gone? I for one, am happy to see this year end, and welcome in a new beginning in 2018! It seems crazy that is just around the corner.

While scrolling through blogland recently, I stumbled across a photo challenge for the month of December. As a scrapbooker of sorts, I like to preserve memories, and this was a perfect way to document this month.  Whitney, from Come Home for Comfort shared a post of prompts to help photograph some of the things that make the holidays so special.  Looked like fun to me! Here are the  first few days that I have followed through with so far, I need to catch up today.

Day 1, the prompt was red.  For me, looking out my window at a 16 foot inflatable Santa, is a lot of red!

My husband and I had a lot of fun putting him up in the yard last weekend, when the weather was perfect for being outside! We smiled at the memory of my youngest son wanting to buy this for his dad when he and I were staying in Oklahoma together. We had to find a way to load up the heavy box, bring it home with us, and hide it from dear hubby. On Christmas Eve, our three boys were able to set it up in the yard as a surprise for their dad to find the next morning. Such a pleasant memory.

Day 2, the prompt was lights.  I miss the days when we would hang icicle lights all the way around the rooflines of our house. Since the new roof and gutter guards, we can no longer do those. None of our neighbors light their homes the way we used to when our children were younger. Something we see every year however are the lights around the county courthouse.


Greencastle is one of the older cities with the big courthouse in the center. It's not tall enough to make a perfect tree, but I'm glad the city hangs these strings from the rooftop.

Day 3, the photo was prompted by sweets.  I know a lot of people stress over baking for the holidays. I do not. Hubby and I realize we both struggle with weight issues, and with both of our fathers being diabetics, we do not do a lot of sweets. Every year however, I have M&M's on the table, in a special jar.

My middle son did not always enjoy crafts like his mom. But crafts are a popular activity in Cub Scouts, and I was thrilled when my child cooperated with his den leader in elementary school and made this candy dish. It is a simple mason jar inverted on a chicken feeder. But my son made it, and it has survived over the years. I love it! The fact that I collect snowmen only adds to its appeal for me! I made the mistake of not having candy in it one year, and I took a lot of harassment from my family. I haven't missed a year since.

I hope to keep up with this photo challenge throughout the month. These will make some wonderful memories for me to save for my family. I hope you'll come back to see the other traditions we love, and maybe join the challenge yourself. Thanks for stopping by!

Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment