Welcome to A Crafter's Corner! I love to create crafty projects, and would love to share some of my creations with you! If you are interested in scrapbooking, stamping, or cross stitch, these are the venues I use most often. Enjoy your visit!

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

A Simple Woman's Daybook

Good morning my friends-

It has been a while since I've posted, all good reasons for my absence! I have so many wonderful things to share in the next few days, but I'm going to ease into it. I'm starting MY week today, with an entry I haven't done in a long time, sharing my simple thoughts:

Daybook Entry, August 6th

Outside my window, the sun is up, the birds are singing, begging me to fill the feeders. Since I was gone over the weekend, the squirrels emptied the seed rather quickly.

I am thinking that I need to get my to do list written out for today. I have a lot to accomplish, I'm sure to  leaving something off if it isn't written down.

I am thankful that the blue star banner is now out of my window. We were at Ft Campbell, Kentucky yesterday, and saw our son return home from Afghanistan, safe and sound.

In the kitchen the coffee is staying warm for me. I haven't had my first cup yet.

I am wearing my workout clothes. I don't like to sit around all sweaty, but I really needed to cool down a little before I showered.

I am going to the dentist this morning. I have rescheduled this filling twice already, but enough is enough, gotta go today.

I am reading-nothing. And it feels good. The schoolbooks are gone, and I've got time to do other things. I've got books on the shelves waiting to be read, I'm just not ready yet.

I am looking forward to a job offer from the company I interviewed with last week.

Around the house, it's quiet, and still. Hubby left for work a long time ago, the boys aren't up yet, it's just me and my thoughts.

A few plans for the rest of the week-youngest son needs to be registered for school, his senior year. The process of transferring from the online school back into the local school is a little unnerving for me. I'm going to miss that time with him. We need to get his classes figured out, get a sports physical, and back to school shopping. Classes start next week. I'm not excited.

A peek into my day


The apples are ripe in the trees. I've already been sharing with my friends, now I need to get some put away for us. I want to beat the deer to them this year!


Coffee's calling, time to get that list written out. Thanks for stopping by, I hope you'll be back again this week, so we can catch up a little more. Have a wonderful day!

4 comments:

  1. Great apples! We did our back-to-school wardrobe shopping this last weekend. So glad your son is home safe. I am thankful for his work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cindy, I am so glad your son is home safe and sound. I pray a lot for our troops. I still have a nephew there. Getting kids ready to go to school is expensive. I have never seen such a long list of supplies as they have now. The boys are looking forward to going back to school, but grandma will miss her time with them that I have had this summer. It has been a better year for fruit trees and gardens. Have a great day. Hugs and Prayers from Your Missouri Friend

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this peek into your day...glad to hear that your son is back home. Please thank him for his service. Enjoy the rest of your day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well Hey Cindy! Glad to see you're back. I'm am so happy to hear that your son is back from his tour safe and sound. Ditto what Lynda said. Please tell him I appreciate his service to our great country. Like you, I love my alone time in the mornings. Lately, I've been running when the sun comes up. That is an awesome experience. Hope you get the job you interviewed for. I sure didn't know apples were starting to get ripe. I thought September/October was when they were in season. Maybe, it's a different variety? IDK, but yours look delish. Hope you have a great rest of the week! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete