Welcome to A Crafter's Corner! I love to create crafty projects, and would love to share some of my creations with you! If you are interested in scrapbooking, stamping, or cross stitch, these are the venues I use most often. Enjoy your visit!

Sunday, February 22, 2015

Time for TUSAL!

I can't believe the month of February is almost a done deal, where has it gone! When I was growing up, mom used to say, the older you get, the faster time will fly, and now I get it. I also see that the older I get, the smarter I think my mom was. I didn't appreciate her as much as I should have when I was growing up, and now that I am a thousand miles away, I wish I was with her more, for fun though, not just because she has a need for my medical knowledge.

Well, as quickly as the days have gone, I have been managing to squeeze in some time for stitching. It may have been only a few stitches a night, but I'll take it whenever I can get it! I tried taking my stitching on the road one weekend when we were moving my son, but I just can't seem to keep track of the little holes, and not stab myself a million times when working in the car. Ten hours in the car, time wasted.

Here is my TUSAL update for February. I have been working on a little piece by Abbey Rose designs, To Thine Own Self Be True, it is a pincushion that came as a complete kit, backing and all




There aren't a lot of threads remaining. Since this was a kit, with hand dyed floss, I am trying to be so conservative, in case of a mistake. This piece is so easy to stitch, and I love the way it is turning out. Pink is not one of my favorite colors, not something I usually use, it will probably end up as a gift at some point.

 Little by little my orts are adding up. If you aren't familiar with the TUSAL or ort's, you can find more information here.

With all the patients I see that have had pneumonia and upper respiratory yuck, I have made it almost through the winter untouched, until now. Seems I have finally become a victim. I have my mug of hot tea, a nice warm blanket, and a comfy couch calling my name. I think this is a good weekend to get a little more stitching done, and enjoy watching the birds at the feeders.

Have a great day, thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. Sorry you're not feeling well, Cindy. Hope it doesn't get any worse and that you can shake it off quickly. I think your pincushion is so sweet. What count fabric are you using? It looks mighty small. I would have to use my magnify glass. Lol!! The eyes just aren't what they used to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laurie-I haven't worked a day yet this week, two trips to the dr, and multiple meds, surely I will be better soon, but I think the biggest help will be the trip to Florida this weekend, to see my youngest son, hope the sun is nice and warm down there! The fabric I am using is 30 count, the smallest I have ever tried. I have discovered I can see it a lot better sitting in the sunshine by my living room window this week, at least there's something positive from being home the past few days

    ReplyDelete
  3. How's everything? I hope all is well. Lovely post you have. Thanks for sharing your journey. Keep posting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cindy, thanks for popping into my blog. I wish you and yours a Merry Christmas. fondly ~lynne ~

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just added you to my blog list, this always amazes me-to stitch with no actual pattern on the cloth-I would not be good at that lol lovely work

    ReplyDelete